Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Books

So, we read, a lot.

The boys and I are reading Roddy Doyle - The Rover Adventures

I am enjoying it as much as the boys and we just finished Rover saves Christmas today before nap time (yes, I have reinstituted naptime. Frankly, at my age, I need a nap sometimes...;). I am SO looking forward to the next story.

When I met Alan, I was a reader and he told me he wasn't. Turns out, he was wrong.

Alan likes to read nearly as much as I do. Guess what book awoke the reader within him (think back to 1999, what was big)? He is currently reading the new Stuart Mclean Book and, now tat I have finished it, is looking forward to reading one of the books my Mum bought him for Christmas - 'Superfreakenomics' (I highly recommend this book. It will make you laugh a LOT and then think... well, not neccesarily in that order).

I used to read Anne Rice and VC Andrews and other scary/depressing/twisted types of books (not that there is anything wrong with reading something twisted once in awhile), but lately I find myself drawn to lighter reading.

So, recently I've read SCADS of vampire/werewolf/immortal/psychic teen lit. I am not ashamed to admit it... I have been into fantasy/sci-fi since I was a preteen.

I am currently re-reading the last Harry Potter book and quite enjoying it... it amazes me how much I forget of a story after I finish it!

So, what are YOU reading right now?? What are your favourite books?? Your kid's favourite books??

1 comment:

Vals Quilting said...

Hello my sweet Sis, I've just finished The Book of Negroes and boy or boy was this raw or what. Quite the Eye Opener I must say...I too loved the Twilight series but recently someone said I read it too slow...but hey I still loved it and enjoyed it :)
As my dh would say, I'm a veracious reader and i must say like you I LOVE to read...so here's to us sisters who love to read...I'm reading through all of my fav blogs (and yours of course) and loving it.
Me