Saturday, June 27, 2009

Drama-Makers

Do you have any of these in your life?

People who make their own lives a constant rollercoaster of emotions; Love, infatuation, Jealousy, Hatred, Stress, Despair...basically, Chaos.

I get that everyone feels these things in their lives sometimes, sometimes brought on by situations completely out of our control...but the kind of person I am talking about actually seems to THRIVE on these emotions... and then tries to pull everyone around them in.

These people deplete me. This year has been a year of letting these people go.

Every once in a while we need to take stock of how we are feeling emotionally and what we are letting ourselves get caught up in... because we have to let it get to us... and decide if it is really worth the stress (sometimes it is).

I gave my head a good shake this morning and "De-Drama-ed" my current reality.

So long Drama-Maker.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Good for you for saying good-bye to the drama-maker. I have no room in my life for drama anymore. Time is much better spent in less drama and more peaceful living!

Mama J. said...

I could just feel my blood-pressure rising even at the thought of spending time with this person and I thought "what the heck am I doing?".

I agree... not too difficult a decision between peace and drama.

Jo-Ann said...

Oh YES!! I too have been de stressing my life these days from these people. It is releasing!

Good for you!